'Satisfaction'

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2011
      "Satisfaction"

      Hi! a few weeks ago I told Vasko to give me the title for my next arrangement. He said "Satisfaction". I then asked him to describe the mood he wanted for it. He said "soulful". Then I asked how long, he said "7 minutes".

      So I went home and looked for songs by Sri Chinmoy with the word "satisfaction"...and some musical ideas started coming right away. I found this song...

      Diner Sheshe

      "At the end of the day alone I stand
      On the road looking for You.
      Lord, the other day you told me
      That You would grant me shelter at a later date.
      You left me with a smile.
      You did not ignore me.
      Lord, wherever I go I beg only for one thing:
      Satisfaction."
      -Sri Chinmoy
      http://tinyurl.com/3hcvyeg

      Then I had a strong feeling that I should include the song "Charan Pheligo", maybe because the meaning of the song implies a great satisfaction, and more....

      Charan Pheligo

      "I am walking along the road of ecstasy.
      My life has grown into
      The delight of Cosmic Dance.
      I have transformed
      Even the meaningless dust of earth
      Into the heights of God-Glory.
      Behold! Heaven's Beauty and Light
      Are no match for my achievements
      Sweetly here on earth.
      My eternity's companion
      Is my Lord's Existence-Delight."
      -Sri Chinmoy
      http://tinyurl.com/ycgs9wq

      Then, another song came to mind....someone gave a lovely prasad with the score for a beautiful song by Sri Chinmoy"

      "Madal, Chinmoy, Sri Chinmoy, Guru
      Is his children's eternal Friend true."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      And I felt it related to Charan Pheligo, because I feel like a speck of dust that the Master, with his infinite Forgiveness, Compassion and Love has transformed into something more meaningful and beautiful than it was before....

      Being that Charan Pheligo is such a special song, I decided to play it first, by itself, so the arrangement runs for 9 minutes, not 7.

      And then, to top it all, I was inspired to sing the songs! And, as the arrangement develops, all 3 melodies happen at the same time!

      So here is the download link. I hope you enjoy it! I would love to perform this live at one of our group meditations, but it is a bit long. We shall see.....

      http://www.sendspace.com/file/b9i4fc

      When you click on the link, please choose "regular download". It is free....

      with gratitude, Kamalakanta
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 17, 2011
        Thank you, Kamalakanta, for this musical gift!

        I closed my eyes and just listened to the audio without reading the lyrics of the songs first; I could feel the refreshing sweetness of Guru´s Compassion and a kind of melodious lullaby I would like hearing singing with children.

        In gratitude,
        Suchana
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 19, 2011
          Thanks to you, Suchana....

          I wish to perform this live sometime next year (probably August)....at the moment I am looking for people that can learn the songs and be willing to work with me....

          I can tell you in all sincerity that Guru's music is keeping me alive. I feel closer to Him when I p[lay or sing his music, and I hope to share this feeling with humanity at large.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 26, 2011
            It is my feeling that many of your sisters and brothers love performing with you, Kamalakanta! It recalls me the times we used to practise at Goose Park with Porto Rican disciples -it was so sweet and devotional!

            It is so true that Guru´s music keeps us alive and closer to Him. It sometimes happens to me that a particular song comes to my rescue -Ashar Mita Trishar Pita, for example- when I am not thinking of it.
            And it is the same from other Guru´s songs which I learned quickly without even remember their meanings. They are also alive!

            Thank you for your inspiring musical projects,
            Suchana
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 28, 2011
              Thank you, Suchana,

              Your sincere and heartfelt encouragement touches my heart.

              with gratitude, Kamalakanta