Re: Humility

    Message 1 of 4 , May 18, 2011
      Hi, Sarala!

      Once again, thanks for postings these soulful and illumining writings by Sri Chinmoy.

      Just one note:

      Instead of writing (unofficial) at the end of each quote or quotes, you can make them official by cutting and pasting the address of each quote from the Sri Chinmoy Library site, like this:

      "My humility does not mean that I want the world to ignore me. That is no humility. My humility wants that I should neither veil my ignorance nor make a parade of my knowledge. To be violently dissatisfied with oneself and curse one's fate is not the sign of humility. The true signs of humility are one's constant aspiration and one's inner cry for more peace, light and bliss."

      Sri Chinmoy, Meditations: Food For The Soul, Agni Press, 1970.
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0001/5/18

      "The seed of humility is exceptionally fertile. It may not germinate plants of power and force, but it does yield flowers of Sweetness, Grace, Modesty and Light.
      Love for the Divine is in its essence a spontaneous spiritual humility.
      Humility has no need to sit on the King's throne. But the King cannot help bringing the throne to humility. And now who is the King? God's Compassion.
      A prayer, in its simplest and most effective definition, is humility, climbing the sky of an all-fulfilling Delight.
      Only the true sense of humility can raise us from our knees as high as we aspire.
      We must realise that there is only one way of acquiring infinite future possibilities. That way lies in the great power: Humility."

      Sri Chinmoy, Eternity's Breath, Agni Press, 1972.
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0016/1/23

      "When we have true humility, not false humility, God blesses us with a new name: luminosity. When we have luminosity as our true name, God blesses us with His Infinity, Eternity and Immortality. Humility is the secret key to open up God's Heart-Door."

      Sri Chinmoy, Rainbow-Flowers, Part 3, Agni Press, 1999.
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1320/1/30

      This could inspire people to look at the original page, and look at other talks or aphorisms from the books you are quoting.

      with gratitude, Kamalakanta