Jiban Sheshe- I know not where I shall go....

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2011
      Recently I went to play tennis with Databir. We usually go in the morning. As we were riding to the tennis court , I mentioned to him that my mind sometimes tells me I am going to hell, because of all my weaknesses, wrong-doings, ingratitude, you name it. The mind will find a reason to tell you you are going to hell. Interestingly enough, the same mind that tells you to do something wrong is the one that later chastises you and criticizes you, and even condemns you.

      So we played tennis, and he whooped me, as usual, by some ridiculous score, like 6-1, 6-4.

      When I went home, I wanted to do some music. A few days before I had casually put one of Sri Chinmoy's songbooks on my music stand.

      I turned on my keyboard and started improvising with a strings sound, in the key of Eb minor. As I am playing music, I am feeling, "wow, I really like this key!"

      So I open the book "Sundaratama Dekha Dilo Aji", and the first three songs are in that key! I keep playing....and song #5 just blows me out of the water! Here is Sri Chinmoy's translation:

      JIBAN SHESHE MARAN DESHE

      "At the end of my journey's close,
      I do not know where I shall go in the land of death.
      But during this lifetime I pray to You, my Lord,
      That I do not hurt anybody."
      -Sri Chinmoy
      http://tinyurl.com/4xoq4xx

      The song moved me...it was talking about the same subject I had mentioned to Databir earlier on...and it has a sublime, heart-felt goodwill towards humanity.

      So I started singing, and immediately a simple set of chords came to accompany it...I recorded it immediately, and on my way to work I noticed that a round was possible, not only in two voices, but in three!

      So here it is, a recording of this sublime song, in a three voice round! I hope you enjoy it!

      This song is in Bengali and English...I recorded only the Bengali part, which is in the key of Db minor...guess which key the English part is on....that's right, Eb minor!

      Here is the download link. Remember to choose the regular download, as it is free:

      http://www.sendspace.com/file/f71f0b

      with gratitude, Kamalakanta