Meditations: Food for the Soul April 18

  • sarala392
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2011
      Who says that you are wanting in faith? When you aspire, you have faith in God. When you desire, you have faith in yourself. When you deny the significance of your own existence, you have faith in the undivine. To be sure, you are always endowed with faith.

      Meditations: Food for the Soul Sri Chinmoy 1970

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0001
    • doris.cott
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2011
        Dear Sarala,

        I don't know what made you quote Guru on faith but for me it came at a time when I had a volley of life-questions. But when I read Guru's words on faith here on the board typed down by you they immediately made me feel the sun shine again in my heart.

        I have been trying to write a poem for Guru. It also helped me get out the lump in my throat - which can happen. Allow me to paste the poem at the end of this message not to clutter the board with too many messages.

        Thank you

        Doris

        * * *

        LACK OF LOVE

        My Lord Supreme,
        The outer life is so complex!
        "My child,
        Dive within."

        My Lord,
        I wish I had a friend.
        "Cling only to Me."

        My Lord,
        I am suffering from inferiority complex.
        "My child,
        You are the soul."

        My Lord,
        Disappointment is killing my joy.
        "My child,
        Do not expect."

        My Lord,
        Hypocrisy is painful.
        "My child,
        Smile ceaselessly."

        My Lord,
        Oneness is a very far cry.
        "My child,
        Never give up."

        -Doris
      • sarala392
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2011
          Ah! There are no accidents. There are many beautiful synchronicities in the symphony of life! Your poem is beautiful; no accident it echoes events in my life in the past couple of days and also the Responsses I have been given.