You Are My Only Friend- Medley

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2011
      Dear friends, brothers and sisters all,

      Missing Sri Chinmoy's presence, one of the ways in which I meditate is by singing his melodies.

      Recently I came across a beautiful song by Sri Chinmoy, titled "Tumi Shudhu Bandhu Amar". It is very dear to my heart. Here is Sri Chinmoy's Translation::

      Tumi Shudhu

      "You are my only Friend,
      You are my life.
      Like a divine mendicant,
      From one country to another,
      May I sing a song of You with all my love.
      May I sing the Song of Your Victory all my life."

      Garden of Love-Light, Part 1    [song #28]
      http://tinyurl.com/3msnx9d

      This song inspired me to do an arrangement called "You Are My Only Friend".

      So this morning I received a musical idea which I knew would be for this arrangement, and was further inspired to use a second song, "Param Pita Aghat Karo", which I also used in my other arrangement, "New Life". Here is Sri Chinmoy's translation:

      Param Pita Aghat Karo

      "O Father Supreme, strike me!
      Strike me hard, very hard.
      With all my heart I am begging You
      For the dawn of a new life."

      Journey's Goal, Part 11a    [song #34]
      http://tinyurl.com/3s56lr8

      I was also inspired to sing both melodies. So here is the download link to the arrangement "You Are My Only Friend" in sendspace.com. When you click on this link, please select the regular download, as the faster (max) download requires that you pay for membership, while the regular one is free.

      The arrangement is simple, intimate and contemplative.....

      http://www.sendspace.com/file/zrhlcq

      enjoy!

      with gratitude, Kamalakanta