Re: New Life- Reply no. 2

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2011
      Hi!

      Here are the translations for the songs used in this arrangement, and the links to the scores in srichinmoysongs.com.

      The first song, Shikkha Guru Dikkha Guru, is a little bit hidden in the bass line, and played at a slower tempo. I've always enjoyed this idea, that I can make bass lines with Guru's songs played in a slower speed, and here it worked...

      SHIKKHA GURU DIKKHA GURU
      Shikkha guru dikkha guru
Nutan jiban halo suru
Shikkha guru dikkha guru
Habona ar kabhu viru
Paye dale agyanata
Tomai dibo saphalata

      Translation

      O my teacher-Guru, O my initiation-Guru,
A new life has dawned.
O my teacher-Guru, O my initiation-Guru,
I shall no longer make friends with cowardice.
I shall kick off ignorance-night
And offer you my success-life.

      Songbooks
      Bela Chale Jai    [song #11]
      http://tinyurl.com/3p633kx

      PARAM PITA AGHAT KARO

      Param pita aghat karo
Aghat karo aghat
Paran bhare jachi ami
Nutan alor prabhat

      Translation

      O Father Supreme, strike me!
Strike me hard, very hard.
With all my heart I am begging You
For the dawn of a new life.
      Songbooks

      Journey's Goal, Part 11a    [song #34]
Alo Divine Mother    [song #92]
      http://tinyurl.com/3s56lr8

      KOTHAI MARAN KOTHAI MARAN NITYA NABA DIBYA

      Kothai maran kothai maran
Nitya naba dibya jiban

      Songbooks
      400 BGWR Soul-Birds, Part 1    [song #121]
      http://tinyurl.com/43a9s84

      Translation
      Where is death, where is death?
Every day a new life.

      Songbooks
      400 BGWR Soul-Birds, Part 1    [song #122]
      http://tinyurl.com/3gun34j

      I forgot to mention one more song, the first melody that appears in the guitar...Bandhan Bandhan Tai Prane Krandan...I was not planning to use this song, but as I was preparing to record the songs with the meaning "New Life", this one knocked on my heart-door and begged to be included...

      BANDHAN BANDHAN TAI PRANE KRANDAN

      Bandhan bandhan
Tai prane krandan
Bandhan bandhan
Mrityur
      syandan
Bandhan bandhan
Habo sudha nandan

      Translation

      "Bondage, bondage-night.

      Therefore a ceaseless cry inside my heart.

      Bondage, bondage-night.

      I see the chariot of death right ahead of me.

      Bondage, bondage-night.

      Yet I shall become nectar's ecstasy-son."

      Songbooks
      My Green Adoration-Gifts, Part 2 [song #29]
      http://tinyurl.com/43k2skl

      with gratitude, Kamalakanta