Re: New Life

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4 6:42 AM
      Hi, Doris!

      Without listeners, music has no meaning! Those who listen are as much a part of the creation as those who arrange or compose.

      I am privileged and blessed to be touched by our Guru's music. It is a source of great consolation to me...as well as illumination.

      with gratitude, Kamalakanta
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4 7:40 AM
        Hi!

        Here are the translations for the songs used in this arrangement, and the links to the scores in srichinmoysongs.com.

        The first song, Shikkha Guru Dikkha Guru, is a little bit hidden in the bass line, and played at a slower tempo. I've always enjoyed this idea, that I can make bass lines with Guru's songs played in a slower speed, and here it worked...

        SHIKKHA GURU DIKKHA GURU
        Shikkha guru dikkha guru
Nutan jiban halo suru
Shikkha guru dikkha guru
Habona ar kabhu viru
Paye dale agyanata
Tomai dibo saphalata

        Translation

        O my teacher-Guru, O my initiation-Guru,
A new life has dawned.
O my teacher-Guru, O my initiation-Guru,
I shall no longer make friends with cowardice.
I shall kick off ignorance-night
And offer you my success-life.

        Songbooks
        Bela Chale Jai    [song #11]
        http://tinyurl.com/3p633kx

        PARAM PITA AGHAT KARO

        Param pita aghat karo
Aghat karo aghat
Paran bhare jachi ami
Nutan alor prabhat

        Translation

        O Father Supreme, strike me!
Strike me hard, very hard.
With all my heart I am begging You
For the dawn of a new life.
        Songbooks

        Journey's Goal, Part 11a    [song #34]
Alo Divine Mother    [song #92]
        http://tinyurl.com/3s56lr8

        KOTHAI MARAN KOTHAI MARAN NITYA NABA DIBYA

        Kothai maran kothai maran
Nitya naba dibya jiban

        Songbooks
        400 BGWR Soul-Birds, Part 1    [song #121]
        http://tinyurl.com/43a9s84

        Translation
        Where is death, where is death?
Every day a new life.

        Songbooks
        400 BGWR Soul-Birds, Part 1    [song #122]
        http://tinyurl.com/3gun34j

        I forgot to mention one more song, the first melody that appears in the guitar...Bandhan Bandhan Tai Prane Krandan...I was not planning to use this song, but as I was preparing to record the songs with the meaning "New Life", this one knocked on my heart-door and begged to be included...

        BANDHAN BANDHAN TAI PRANE KRANDAN

        Bandhan bandhan
Tai prane krandan
Bandhan bandhan
Mrityur
        syandan
Bandhan bandhan
Habo sudha nandan

        Translation

        "Bondage, bondage-night.

        Therefore a ceaseless cry inside my heart.

        Bondage, bondage-night.

        I see the chariot of death right ahead of me.

        Bondage, bondage-night.

        Yet I shall become nectar's ecstasy-son."

        Songbooks
        My Green Adoration-Gifts, Part 2 [song #29]
        http://tinyurl.com/43k2skl

        with gratitude, Kamalakanta