New Life

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2011
      Hi!

      Yesterday, I was looking for a new title for new music, and found this inspiring poem by Sri Chinmoy:

      Start To Think Of A New Life

      "Start to think of a new life.
      Your sincere mind
      Will teach you how to start.
      Your pure heart
      Will continue for you.
      Just start to think of a new life."

      Sri Chinmoy, Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 36, Agni Press, 1982.
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0503/47

      So I looked up on srichinmoysongs.com some songs with the meaning "New Life", collected them, and made an arrangement. It is sweet, soothing and peaceful. If you want to download it, please go to the following link AND choose the slow download (it is free). For fast download you have to pay membership, etc...

      http://www.sendspace.com/file/zyg7as

      enjoy!

      Kamalakanta
    • doris.cott
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2011
        >It is sweet, soothing and peaceful. -Kamalakanta

        This is what the arrangement, indeed, is. It is heart-melting and of soulful depth. Kotai Maran is one of my favourite songs and after first listening I seemed to recognize the song "Jiban Amar Tomar Charane" but I was wrong. Yet, I was reminded of it as I was present when Guru composed it at Aspiration-Ground - I was very moved.

        Your arrangement made me spontaneously grab a pen (or let's say after a long time of hesitation) and write down a few words on what was tormenting me for some time now:

        "My Lord,
        You want me to be happy
        Always.
        But how can I
        As long as my brothers, sisters
        And even children-
        Your creations!
        Are dying
        In a useless war
        Every day?

        My child,
        I have no answer to your question.
        But please know,
        That all My innocent children
        Who are dying for freedom
        From slavery
        Are with Me in Heaven now.

        Together,
        We are watching the Earth-Scene.
        And believe Me,
        It is only a matter of time
        That Truth will prevail.

        Then, my Lord,
        Give me patience,
        Give me patience,
        Give me patience."

        -Doris

        P.S. Sometimes I envy people who have found their way of spiritual and creative expression like you and others as I ask myself from time to time what my task may be here on earth. Many got spiritual names to know better, many did not. So I am telling myself that my name is Supreme or Soul.

        In his writings Guru seems to say that we don't have to know our tasks...yet I found the following poem speaking to me:

        "My Supreme, my Supreme, my Supreme!
        At last I have found my identification.
        My identification is my love
        For a oneness-world.
        My Supreme, my Supreme, my Supreme!"

        From: "My Morning Soul-Body-Prayers, Part 14"
        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1362/1/43

        P.P.S. Thank you for giving me another opportunity to express my feelings by listening to your latest arrangement. It came at the right time.
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2011
          Hi, Doris!

          Without listeners, music has no meaning! Those who listen are as much a part of the creation as those who arrange or compose.

          I am privileged and blessed to be touched by our Guru's music. It is a source of great consolation to me...as well as illumination.

          with gratitude, Kamalakanta
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2011
            Hi!

            Here are the translations for the songs used in this arrangement, and the links to the scores in srichinmoysongs.com.

            The first song, Shikkha Guru Dikkha Guru, is a little bit hidden in the bass line, and played at a slower tempo. I've always enjoyed this idea, that I can make bass lines with Guru's songs played in a slower speed, and here it worked...

            SHIKKHA GURU DIKKHA GURU
            Shikkha guru dikkha guru
Nutan jiban halo suru
Shikkha guru dikkha guru
Habona ar kabhu viru
Paye dale agyanata
Tomai dibo saphalata

            Translation

            O my teacher-Guru, O my initiation-Guru,
A new life has dawned.
O my teacher-Guru, O my initiation-Guru,
I shall no longer make friends with cowardice.
I shall kick off ignorance-night
And offer you my success-life.

            Songbooks
            Bela Chale Jai    [song #11]
            http://tinyurl.com/3p633kx

            PARAM PITA AGHAT KARO

            Param pita aghat karo
Aghat karo aghat
Paran bhare jachi ami
Nutan alor prabhat

            Translation

            O Father Supreme, strike me!
Strike me hard, very hard.
With all my heart I am begging You
For the dawn of a new life.
            Songbooks

            Journey's Goal, Part 11a    [song #34]
Alo Divine Mother    [song #92]
            http://tinyurl.com/3s56lr8

            KOTHAI MARAN KOTHAI MARAN NITYA NABA DIBYA

            Kothai maran kothai maran
Nitya naba dibya jiban

            Songbooks
            400 BGWR Soul-Birds, Part 1    [song #121]
            http://tinyurl.com/43a9s84

            Translation
            Where is death, where is death?
Every day a new life.

            Songbooks
            400 BGWR Soul-Birds, Part 1    [song #122]
            http://tinyurl.com/3gun34j

            I forgot to mention one more song, the first melody that appears in the guitar...Bandhan Bandhan Tai Prane Krandan...I was not planning to use this song, but as I was preparing to record the songs with the meaning "New Life", this one knocked on my heart-door and begged to be included...

            BANDHAN BANDHAN TAI PRANE KRANDAN

            Bandhan bandhan
Tai prane krandan
Bandhan bandhan
Mrityur
            syandan
Bandhan bandhan
Habo sudha nandan

            Translation

            "Bondage, bondage-night.

            Therefore a ceaseless cry inside my heart.

            Bondage, bondage-night.

            I see the chariot of death right ahead of me.

            Bondage, bondage-night.

            Yet I shall become nectar's ecstasy-son."

            Songbooks
            My Green Adoration-Gifts, Part 2 [song #29]
            http://tinyurl.com/43k2skl

            with gratitude, Kamalakanta