Re: OT Some thoughts on Bach's D-minor violin partita

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 18, 2011
      I remember seeing, with Sukhendu and Narayani, a video of Don Pablo Casals himself playing the Cello Suite No. 1...

      Here is the link:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhcjeZ3o5us

      enjoy!

      with gratitude, Kamalakanta
    • pavaka_cambrian
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 21, 2011
        If anyone is interested in video of Pablo Casals, the film 'A Cry for Peace' is a beautiful thing. It's not the absolute best production as far as documentary goes, but it does relate the life of Casals very well and includes long solo cello pieces. He was a life-long peace activist too.

        http://www.mastersmasterworks.com/Casals.html