  • sarala392
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2010
      Some inspiration for the New Year:

      A new year means
      The blissful descent
      Of a new consciousness.

      Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 39 by Sri Chinmoy

      The old year is dying.
      The new year is bringing
      A new life, a new beginning.
      Now is the time
      For the seeker-children
      Of the Lord Supreme
      To treasure a new hope
      And a new promise.

      Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 69 Sri Chinmoy

      Begin your new life
      In the New Year
      With tremendous enthusiasm,
      Tremendous determination
      And tremendous self-giving.

      Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 169 Sri Chinmoy

      Each time you enter a new year,
      Be determined not to bring
      Your old self with you.

      Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 92 Sri Chinmoy

      My hope celebrates
      The arrival of the New Year.
      My doubt celebrates
      The survival of the old year.
      My soul celebrates
      The arrival of my realisation-year.
      My God celebrates
      The survival of my aspiration-year.

      The Dance Of Life, Part 9 by Sri Chinmoy

      May the beauty of the New Year
      Beautify my heart.
      May the purity of the New Year
      Purify my mind.
      May the simplicity of the New Year
      Simplify my vital.
      May the intensity of the New Year
      Intensify my body.
      May the responsibility of the New Year
      Glorify my life.
      May only the divinity of the New Year
      Fully satisfy me.

      1 January 1997 Takamatsu, Japan
      My Sweet Father-Lord, Where Are You? Sri Chinmoy

      If you want to feel newness
      In the new year,
      You have to get that very newness
      From the new year itself.
      The new year has all newness:
      New promise,
      New success,
      New progress.

      Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 52 Sri Chinmoy

      Each new year
      The seeker comes to learn
      How far away the mind is
      From God's Compassion
      And how close the heart is
      To God's Satisfaction.

      Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 59 Sri Chinmoy

      My Lord Supreme,
      May the birth of the new year
      Herald Your supreme Victory
      In and through Your obedient, self-giving
      And satisfaction-loving children.

      Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 59 Sri Chinmoy

      On the threshold of a new year
      May our minds have
      A new determination-dictionary
      And may our hearts have
      A new dedication-dictionary.

      Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 30 by Sri Chinmoy

      Question: From the spiritual point of view, does the new year have any specific significance?

      Sri Chinmoy: From the spiritual point of view, the new year has a specific significance.
      On the eve of the new year, a new consciousness dawns on earth. God once again inspires each human being with new hope, new light, new peace and new bliss. God always wants us to move ahead; He does not want us to look back. We know that if a runner looks back
      while he is running fast, immediately his speed decreases. Similarly, if we constantly are looking behind at the year that we are leaving, we will think of our sorrow, misery, frustration, failure and so forth. But if we look forward, we will see hope dawning ahead of us and a new light illumining our consciousness. Each new year is like a new rung on the ladder of consciousness which we have to climb up. When the new year dawns, we have to make ourselves conscious of the fact that we have to transcend our present capacity and present achievement. When we have that kind of firm determination, God showers His choicest Blessings upon our devoted heads. God says, "As the new year dawns, a new consciousnessis dawning within you. Run towards the destined Goal." The new year energises us, encourages us and inspires us to run towards that ultimate Reality. -January 1975

      My Meditation-Service At The United Nations For 25 Years Sri Chinmoy