Re: DIVINE MUSIC

  • nirmalapoems
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2010
      Soulful communion with the God-Melody
      Brings forward
      Our heart's intense cry.

      To me, music is not
      Something that we see.
      Music is not even
      Something that we feel.
      Music is something
      That we must
      Grow into.

      [- Sri Chinmoy]

      Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com
    • nirmalapoems
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2010
        Creativity

        Each person is meaningless and fruitless if he or she does not enter
        into the field of creativity. Without inner and outer creativity, man
        is nothing but a great failure, not only in the eyes of humanity, but
        in the Eye of God, too. Each soul is endowed with creativity. But the
        soul finds it extremely difficult to convince the mind, the vital and
        the physical that they can consciously co-operate with the soul, that
        they all can create together and fulfill the Divine here on earth.

        Creativity does not mean that one has to write poems or articles, or
        compose songs. Creativity means one's inner concern for the expansion
        of what he is or what he has. When one consciously wants to go beyond
        his capacity and beyond his achievement, only then do we find real
        creativity, only then can creativity have its proper value, worth and
        purpose.

        Where does one find the source of creativity? If one wants his
        creation to be permanent and eternal, then that creation must come
        from the soul, not from the mind, not from the vital, not even from the heart. In the heart, in the mind, in the vital and even in the gross physical, one can also see creativity, but the achievements of that creativity can never be lasting. It is only the soul's creativity that can be abiding. So creativity can be in the physical, in the heart, in the mind, in the soul anywhere. But if it is in the inner life, the soul's region, then only can the aspirant be truly happy.

        Each moment man can create in the inner world. He can easily bring his
        creation to the fore through his constant inner urge. Without
        creativity, man is no better than an animal. With creativity, man can
        divinely claim that he is God's true and worthy son. One who really
        creates something, inner or outer, but especially inner, is God's true
        Pride. Creativity man must cherish; creativity he must adore.

        Excerpt from Illumination-Fruits by Sri Chinmoy.

        Enjoy

        Nirmala