New Year Approaches

  • tejvan_13
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24, 2010
      Guru used to give New Year Messages in December, even before the start of the New Year, because he felt the energies of the New Year come through.

      Though Guru encapsulated the spiritual essence for each new year, I feel that these New Year Messages also have a timeless quality relevant for any year.

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/3007

      "Each new year reminds us of the ideal and the real in us. The ideal in us is to see the Truth. The real in us is to become the Truth. Truth is the Eye of God in Heaven; Truth is the Heart of God on earth. God's Eye guides us and leads us. God's Heart feeds us and immortalises us."

      ' 1976: The New Year, New Opportunities, New Challenges', Dag Hammarskjold Library Auditorium - Excerpt from Reality-Dream by Sri Chinmoy

      ~

      Tejvan
    • brahmata13
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2010
        Tejvan,

        I was recently thinking about how I missed receiving those annual New Year Messages that Guru would bless us with. But you are absolutely right, they do have a timeless quality (just like all of Guru's writings) and it is worth reviewing previous year's messages.

        One of my favorites was from 2005, it is simple yet powerful:

        "The New Year is the year of the Mind-Astonishment, Heart-Government and Life-Fulfilment."

        Thank you for inspiring me to re-read these beautiful messages.

        Happy New Year!

        -Brahmata