Re: Saturday Night Juxtaposition

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2010
      Sharani,

      Thank you so much for describing Satyajit's performance. I'm sure it was a very special event. I've received a lot of inspiration and joy from his group over the years.

      I know what you mean when you talk about the hollow feeling that ordinary popular entertainment leaves behind. Pleasure never lasts.

      Here's a poem by Robert Frost- maybe it's topical:

      "Nature's first green is gold,
      Her hardest hue to hold.
      Her early leaf's a flower;
      But only so an hour.
      Then leaf subsides to leaf.
      So Eden sank to grief,
      So dawn goes down to day.
      Nothing gold can stay."

      I'm sure being a librarian can be a really strenuous job, so it's good to hear about a group of librarians unwinding by dancing to the Bee Gees.

      Happy Solstice all!

      Mahiruha