OT Hallowe'en Humour

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2010
      In my neighbourhood, as Hallowe'en approaches I love walking along the streets to see how people have decorated their houses.

      Unlike Christmas when you see lovely twinkly lights and angels, now you see witches and ghosts hanging from trees, and a running theme this year seemed to be giant spider webs with giant spiders that certainly had to be the children of Aragog from Harry potter.

      One family even created the Fred Flintstone house complete with Fred Flintstone car, with a real live Pebbles and Bam Bam sitting in it. (Fred Flintstone was an American children's cartoon set in the stone age, but with modern conveniences)

      But I have to say the house that really made me chuckle was a house just a few doors down where they had created a humourous cemetery.

      Here are some of the names on the tombstones:

      A. O. Elle - Connection Terminated

      Justin Pieces

      Fester N. Rott

      Clara Voince - Too bad she didn't see it coming

      Myra Mains

      Paul Tirgeist - He was a real mover and shaker

      and finally

      Ray N. Carnation

      Now the winner for best costume this year goes to one of my colleagues who showed up at our curriculum implementation meeting wearing a dress to which she had pinned pictures of all kinds of meat from the local grocery store flyers.

      It took us a couple of minutes to guess that she was supposed to be Lady Ga Ga wearing the now famous meat dress.

      Hope you all had a fun Hallowe'en!

      Purnakama