OT Some more musings on Australia

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2010
      I seem to have touched a nerve with my recent post on the grand nation of Australia, so here's a follow-up:

      Recently I've been pooling together all my knowledge about Australia, with a view to creating an `Australia, country of' entry in the Mahiruha-not-so-picky wiki (where YOU have the power to make your point heard!).

      So far I have:

      Australia is a small land locked country in the Middle East, surrounded by France.

      All Australians, as a rite of passage, must wrestle with an alligator, while saying "Lachlan Macquarie" very, very fast.

      Famous Australians throughout history:

      Moses
      Geoffrey Chaucer
      Joan of Arc
      Confucius
      Budapest

      The last may confuse people. How, they wonder, could a city in Central Europe, become famous as a citizen of Australia?

      Well, remember, cities also have souls. So, it's not so surprising that Budapest has taken human incarnation and is now living in Australia. Why would Budapest want to continue living in Budapest? It'd be redundant. Also, it wouldn't work on an outgoing voice mail.

      I'm excited to visit this mythical land- what kinds of things should I put in my traveler's kit? Any suggestions from people who make Australia their home?

      Mahiruha