'ignoring and trampling all obstructions' with thanks

  • dmchaudhurani
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2010
      Hello Purnakama and anyone else like us who has not been posting for a while - but does dip into the sweet and refreshing waters of your posts from time to time.
      I have been looking at the Library site, exploring topics such as self-transcendence, true friendship and change - looking for some poems and quotes to include on a birthday card for a friend who is finding things tough at the moment. From 30 pages I have just selected a few to share here - and included with them your song translation jewel, Purnakama.

      I am thinking a lot of our world-wide family just now, as the anniversary is approaching. I send you all my best wishes and love and hope that you enjoy the following selection.

      Twice A Week...

      Interviewer: You conduct meditations twice a week at the United Nations in New York. Do you think you can change the world in this way? Do you want to change the world?
      Sri Chinmoy: I have not come into this world to change it. I have come only to love the world in such a way that you and I and everyone else can work together. I pray to God to give me the capacity to be of service to Him. One individual can never, never change the world, but collectively everybody has to work together. Jointly, with a oneness-heart, we hope to bring about world peace.

      7302 Your Friendship With Meditation

      No matter how many mistakes
      You make,
      No matter how useless
      You feel yourself to be,
      No matter how many weaknesses
      You consciously and unconsciously cherish,
      If you can maintain your friendship
      With your ever-loving, ever-inspiring
      And ever-illumining friend, meditation,
      Then you will, without fail,
      Discover the true meaning of your life.

      Excerpt from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 74 by Sri Chinmoy

      3434 Enthusiasm And Imperfection

      Vigorous enthusiasm
      On the self-transcendence-journey
      And insistent imperfection
      Can never be neighbours.

      Excerpt from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 35 by Sri Chinmoy

      869 Your Only Problem

      Until you have realised
      That you are your
      Only problem in life,
      You will never be awakened
      To the existence-reality
      Of Perfection-Bliss.

      Excerpt from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 9 by Sri Chinmoy

      3936 Do You Want To Change Yourself?

      Do you want to change the world?
      Then change yourself first.
      Do you want to change yourself?
      If so, remain completely silent
      Inside the silence-sea.

      Excerpt from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 40 by Sri Chinmoy

      2705 You Do Not Want To Change

      You want to change your life,
      But you do not want to change
      The process of your thinking.

      Excerpt from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 28 by Sri Chinmoy

      29 THE SILENCE-SONG OF SELF-TRANSCENDENCE

      I love you
      Not because you are exceptionally great.
      I love you
      Not because you are exceptionally good.
      I love you
      Because you constantly sing
      The silence-song of self-transcendence

      Excerpt from The Silence-Song by Sri Chinmoy

      4830 God's Self-Transcendence Message

      O God-seeker,
      Be not complacent
      With what you have and are!
      Develop an ever-increasing hunger,
      For even God Himself is obeying
      His own Self-Transcendence Message.

      Excerpt from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 49 by Sri Chinmoy

      132 YET YOU ARE FOND OF ME

      God, I am absent-minded;
      Yet You are fond of me.
      God, I am negligent;
      Yet You are fond of me.
      God, I am insecure;
      Yet You are fond of me.
      God, I am impure;
      Yet You are fond of me.
      God, why are You so fond of me?
      "My child, I am fond of you,
      Because
      You try,
      Because
      You cry."

      Excerpt from The Dance Of Life, Part 3 by Sri Chinmoy

      Chalar Pathe Chali.

      I walk along the road
      Ignoring and trampling all obstructions.
      I speak not.
      I just walk along Eternity's road.

      Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)