World Harmony Run European team

  • sri_chinmoy_inspiration
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2010
      (Posted for Chanakhya. please see instructions for hiding email address http://www.srichinmoyinspiration.com/content/joining-sri-chinmoy-inspiration-group)

      I have just come back from spending the last month of the European leg of the World Harmony Run as part of the team. I got to go from Finland, through the Baltic states, Belarus and to the closing ceremony in Moscow. Spending a month living out of a van during the day and having to go out and run several times during those days can seem like a tough deal. That is so far from the truth. Yes there are days when the body is telling you it maybe does not want to run so
      much, but I am a multiday runner and I am used to that. Even if you struggle a little bit some mornings the feeling you get when people greet you on the road, or the look in the faces of people ( especially children ) when they get to hold the torch, takes away any tiredness that may be present.

      I have spent a few days or weeks on the American and European runs before, but for me, to spend the last month of the run and attend the closing ceremony in Moscow was something special. We officially arrived in Moscow the day before the closing ceremony. We entered into a room where a Joy Day function was ending and received a standing ovation that put a very big smile on my face and at the same time filled my eyes with tears of gratitude.

      The closing ceremony was just an amazing day and there is so much more I could write, but I think the best thing I can say is somehow make the time and take the time to be part of the run in the future and you will understand.

      Chanakhya

      http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/