an inspiring song

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2010
      I guess that I now fall under the category of those who are reading, but not necessarily posting as I have not posted in a while:)

      I love reading all of the posts, like people's amazing accomplishments (way to go Vasanti!!), and I especially like when people share their new favorite poem, or some new gem that they've come across.

      This summer I was reminded of a sweet song that for me has tremendous power.
      It is Chalar Pathe Chali.

      The translation for this song is:

      I walk along the road
      Ignoring and trampling all obstructions.
      I speak not.
      I just walk along Eternity's road.

      Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

      Judging by the words one might think that it would be one of the slower melodies set in a minor key.
      But Guru is full of surprises, and this song is no exception, as it has a sweet, light and lilting melody.

      I think it is the very quality of the melody that makes it so powerful.
      When I sing it and think about some of my obstacles, I feel like a giantess out picking flowers and just trampling down anything in my way without even thinking, as if it were nothing more than a piece of paper lying on the ground.
      It's so joyful and carefree sounding.

      http://www.srichinmoysongs.com/song/view/chalar-pathe-chali-sakal-badha-dali/14894/?qs=Chalar+Pathe+chali

      I've posted a link to the song, but unfortunately there is no score yet on the page.

      Perhaps Kamalakanta has a link to a recording on Sri Chinmoy Radio.

      And if he does, happy listening, and happy trampling!

      Purnakama