Your Best Friend

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2010
      Dear friends,

      Here is a poem by Sri Chinmoy about who is your best friend.

      When I was a young man, my father told me that I would be able, in my life, to count my friends with the fingers of one hand. How right he was!

      "Who is your best friend?
      Not he who tells you
      That he will give you everything
      That he has and he is,
      But he who has sown the aspiration-seed
      Inside the very depth of your heart."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 30 by Sri Chinmoy
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0482/56

      Enjoy!

      Kamalakanta
    • louisanaturelle
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14, 2010
        Yes Kamalakanta! Your father was truly right! And Guru's poem shows also who is our best friend.
        Thank you for the poem!
        Gratitude,
        Luiza
      • cott.doris
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14, 2010
          So you were well prepared, Kamalakanta!:- )

          "Who is my best friend, who?
          Who is my best friend, who?
          He who gives me his rainbow-smile.

          Who is my worst foe, who?