Our New Zealand Friends

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2010
      Just a note to say that my prayers are with all of our New Zealand friends after the earthquake that recently hit Christchurch.

      It truly is a miracle that so far no lives have been lost, and even very few injuries.
      I am praying that your Divine restaurants and other enterprises faired well under the circumstances.

      Guru so loved the New Zealanders for their constant and unwavering service, dedication and devotion, and you have always been, and will continue to be a shining example for us all.

      In Guru's heart,

      Purnakama
    • bhuvah
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 10, 2010
        Dear Purnakama,

        Thank you for your kind words and prayers. We are all absolutely fine including our enterprises. It has been an "interesting" time as there was no anticipation of an earthquake in Christchurch and the constant aftershocks, which number in the hundreds now, have kept us on edge all week. Prior to last Saturday, Christchurch city and its environs had only experienced 3 moderate earthquakes in the last 40 years.

        Although we have been most fortunate, we are saddened by many of our dear customer-friends sad experiences of loss. At the same time we are gladdened that not a single life has been lost - there are numerous miracle stories of people escaping injury thanks to divine intervention and divine protection.

        At the same time there is a tremendous feeling of oneness in the air - the feeling of oneness that is created from an entire city sharing the same intense experience at the same moment and also the feeling of oneness and support from the rest of the country and internationally. Thousands of students and many other members of the community have been putting in a great effort by helping in a range of ways following the earthquake and support is coming from around the country.

        Earthquakes in New Zealand occur because we are located on the boundary of two of the world's major tectonic plates: the Pacific Plate and the Australian Plate. These plates are colliding with huge force, causing one to slowly grind over, under or alongside the other. As intense as they can be, earthquakes have helped create New Zealand's varied and beautiful landscape through complex processes of mountain building and erosion.

        With gratitude,

        Bhuvah
        From Christchurch
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 13, 2010
          I am really happy that everyone is alright! Best of luck to all in the rebuilding process!

          with gratitude, Kamalakanta
        • purnakama2000
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 13, 2010
            Wow Bhuva, that's incredible! I'm thrilled to hear that everything is well.
            Hopefully it won't take too long for others to rebuild and for things to return to normal.
            What incredible grace!

            Purnakama