Duke of Banif: Wisdom in silliness

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4 6:08 PM
      What one writes may have an unexpected effect. My mind put together the funny comment by Mahiruha on leadership of Canada, with recent discussions of women and spirituality. Women, in my country have had the vote since the early 1900's. I found myself highly uneducated in this area; The area of politics. An intelligent voter should not be.

      To be a parent, spouse, professional, "domestic engineer", musician, artist, athlete, … doesn't leave a lot of time for politics, whatever the level (unless, of course, that is one's profession), no matter what the gender. Leadership of anything, let alone a country - something to be taken on by brave, idealistic and practical souls, at least that is what I feel.

      To get a feel for how a country is governed and guided, I decided to read autobiographies of two who have been there. The first was a leader of Canada while I was a schoolgirl. The second, to get another point of view, is current leader of a neighbour-country. Both leaders were/are well educated, appreciative of the privilege of their circumstances and dedicated to extending what they received through doing the best they know to act as head (or heart?) of a nation. What an undertaking!

      Participation - already submitted, a letter to give input and suggestions on a local issue.

      Wisdom in silliness. Thanks, Mahiruha.

      Participation carries the message
      Of oneness
      And self-transcendence.

      Sri Chinmoy
      Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 14
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1298/676