OT - The Duke of Yorkshire (was Duke of Banif)

  • tejvan_13
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18 2:01 PM
      Mahiruha,

      Should the good denizens of Canada fail to appreciate your unique candidacy, personality, delightful wit, good humour and understanding of 14th Century Bolean algebra, may I humbly invite you to apply for the newly created post of 'The Right Honourable President of The Independent Republic of Greater Yorkshire'. Don't worry about finding Yorkshire on the globe, just book a ticket to Doncaster International airport, and we will send a meeting party of Geoffrey Boycott, two whippets, and a bloke from down t' mill.

      It is a post of great esteem and honour with a free supply of Yorkshire puddings thrown in for only one and ha'penny bit per pudding. However, in the great Yorkshire tradition it will be hard work, with a 23 hour day expected (though you can choose between being down a coal mine or a security guard on border with Lancashire). But, if I may, say you'll have it easy compared to my dad who, in time honoured fashion, would tend to get up before he went to bed.

      Apart from good honest toil, the only real requirements for being the President of Yorkshire are:

      1) The ability to live for one month on £2.78 (free bus pass included)
      2) Actively campaign for coal carrying to be made an Olympic sport.
      3) Only pronounce 37% of all vowels. For example, you could easily try Losing t' ability to say t' word 'the' Just practise for when you go to see t' Lion t' Witch and t' Wardrobe at t' Opollo theatre in Bradford.

      Your ever willing Presidential campaign manager for the Independent Republic of Greater Yorkshire, Tejvan

      (Just in case you stumble on this post OT = Off Topic. i.e. For posts which are not entirely focused on yoga and spirituality)