Re: Links to new Arrangements

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 10, 2010
      Hi, Doris! I am glad you enjoyed it. There are quite a few instruments in that arrangement, but I think you are talking about the instrument that carries the "I Am A Seven Year Old Boy" melody. It is actually a combination of instruments, one of which is a 10-cello pizzicato section...

      Regarding the Lord Buddha play, I believe it was Kalatit who did those arrangements. He is excellent as an arranger and composer!

      Kamalakanta
    • doris.cott
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 15, 2014
        Hi Kamalakanta, I was reminded of this post when I found the recording of an early Buddha play on Radio Sri Chinmoy. I am grateful that I don't have to keep my old tape recording any longer.

        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/12194/siddhartha-becomes-the-buddha-incidental-music-by-kalatit-jeff-baker/

        Besides, as I copied the recording to my mp3 player, I am still listening to your excellent arrangement of "I Am A Seven Year Old Boy" from time to time, which I like so much, but it is not the pizzicato part, but the part that right comes after that. I couldn't find it on Radio Sri Chinmoy, but "Only Once" I found. It is another recording and composition of yours, that sometimes comes to my mind when I am on the road.

        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/402/kamalakanta-nieves-sings-only-once/

        Happy Weekend to everybody