Monuments

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5 4:36 PM
      In the first volume of Sri Chinmoy's wonderful series, "Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees", I came across the following poem:

      980
      O God-seeker, rest assured,
      Nobody will erect a monument
      To your hostile critics.

      (http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1204/980)

      The corollary to this poem is "Well, then- to whom will people erect monuments?"

      And the answer, of course, is to people who devoted their lives to serving the divine in everyone, who sought to show that great and meaningful things can be done, even within the confines of a finite, fleeting life.

      It gives me great joy to see monuments and statues of my Master being built and enshrined all over the world. It makes me happy.

      Sincerely,

      Mahiruha