Newness, Encouragement and Appreciation

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2010
      It is always great to hear of someone enjoying something new. Purnakama, I also enjoy cycling to work. In celebration of World Day I tried a new route - a loop to work and home which involved a seabus in one direction and cycling over a bride in the other. The bridge sidewalk is rather narrow and I was initially frightened, so high aloft it felt, but I now love being at the height of the soaring seagulls, mountains before me, boosted by the wake of the traveling cars.

      Last Tuesday I entered my first kayak race of the season. My boat is not a racing boat, short and not particularly streamlined, and I was trailing the pack – but it felt good. One of the fast racers who had finished, took time to offer encouragement and some paddling tips on the last lap. It really gave inspiration and incentive for t his activity. I was a bit stiff the next day – my cycling was not my fastest and I was caught several times during an afternoon game of tag - the kids loved it.

      Happy bicycle wheel-revolution evolution!

      "As soon as we appreciate somebody or something, we are creating art. Our appreciation itself is a form of beauty, a creative capacity or a form of art. Our appreciation becomes an act of offering. Offering is creation and creation is art."

      Sri Chinmoy

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0151/3/42
    • purnakama2000
      Message 2 of 2 , May 22, 2010
        Thank you Beverly for your encouragement:)

        I had a lovely time the other day, as I was riding home and ran into a colleague who also cycles to work. She lives fairly close to me and so we rode home together down quiet streets chatting away. I felt like a kid again out riding my bike with my friends.

        As for kayaking; how I miss canoeing and kayaking, and how I long to take it up again. And of course I miss living on the west coast:) Boating is something that I definitely want to pursue again when time permits.

        Congrats on your kayak race!

        Purnakama