You Are God's Child

    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2010
      Dear friends,

      My last post was on the subject of faith in oneself, which Sri Chinmoy emphasized as something essential to make progress in our spiritual life.

      On that same theme, today the selection is based on the phrase "God's child". If we can feel that we are God's child, this is an enormous source of inner strength, inner faith.

      Don't Forget One Thing

      "You can forget everything
      If you want to.
      But don't forget one thing:
      You are God's child,
      God's very, very own."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 21 by Sri Chinmoy
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0453/61

      April 21, 1970

      "I am God's child. I embody the Truth.
      God is my Child. I reveal the Truth.
      I am the child of God's endless Concern.
      God is the Child of my breathless meditation."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from The Garland Of Nation-Souls by Sri Chinmoy
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0015/4/2

      God's Special Secret

      "Each child has a pure heart.
      Each child loves
      God's sleepless Breath.
      To each child God tells one special secret:
      That he is the beginning of
      A new dawn."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 96 by Sri Chinmoy
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0571/20

      Tanima: How can I be God's child and how can I be God's soldier?

      Sri Chinmoy: "You can be God's child if you know how to offer a cry of gratitude to God inside your heart. You can be God's soldier if you know how to offer a smile of fortitude to God inside your soul. Try, you can and you will succeed."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from God The Supreme Humourist, Part 1 by Sri Chinmoy
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0177/4/59

      Rupantar: When am I God's eternal child?

      Sri Chinmoy: "You are God's eternal child when you can sincerely feel at every moment that God is also an eternal Child. First you have to want to be His Eternity's child-partner. Then you have to feel that God Himself is an eternal Child who is playing with you all the time in His Eternity's Heart-Garden. You have to feel that He is not only playing with you but also that He is always eager to play with you, smile with you, dance with you and cry with you and for you."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from Niagara Falls Versus Children's Rise by Sri Chinmoy
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0719/1/3

      You Are God's Beloved Child

      "You are God's beloved child. Needless to say, you are divinely great.
      You are man's beloved father. Needless to say, you are supremely good."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from You by Sri Chinmoy
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0057/1/88

      God'S Child Is Sincerity

      "God's child is sincerity. Doom's issue is insincerity. Sincerity and insincerity are ever at daggers drawn. Apparently both are equally formidable."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from You And I Are God by Sri Chinmoy
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0396/2/16

      God's Choice Child

      "To remain always
      God's choice child,
      Keep your heart's door
      Always wide open
      And shut your mind's door
      Completely."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 17 by Sri Chinmoy
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0431/5

      Question: How can we stay on God's Path without getting lost?

      Sri Chinmoy: "We can remain on God's Path without getting lost if our cry remains sincere and genuine. If a child cries on the first floor and the mother happens to be on the third floor, the mother comes down to the child because she knows that the cry of the child is intense, sincere and genuine. Similarly, when our inner cry is sincere and genuine, God feeds us with His Compassion-Light. Once we are fed by His Compassion-Light, without the least possible hesitation we can walk along God's Sunlit Path."

      Excerpt from Aspiration-Glow And Dedication-Flow, Part 2 by Sri Chinmoy
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0338/6/5

      Joy to all!

      Kamalakanta