World Harmony Run Korea

  • vasanti_hd
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2010
      Talking about Korea (I heard there is a Korean TV series everyone/girl seems to be watching in N.Y. - is that the one? Just found it on Youtube...) - a very inspiring section of the World Harmony Run has just started:

      http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/southkorea/news/2010/0501 (organised by Padmasini if I am correct)

      Also extremely inspiring, Salil`s video about the Japanese closing ceremony in Nagasaki:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cimweS2cZoA
      or http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/video

      In our first Nagasaki run years ago one of the few survivors participated, and we also visited the atom bomb museum - which of course has left a lasting impression. So maybe less inspiring, but extremely significant, two videos about the bombings, one from American perspective :

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncq_Wye43TM
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4x7G_AOL8k&NR=1

      It shows there is no black and white, but how fear, pride, and feelings of revenge and superiority can create untold misery, and how important it is for initiatives like the World Harmony Run to strengthen the feeling and experience of oneness among the members of our world family, especially the young generation.

      Fortunately the significance of this is recognised more and more - here an another beautiful and significant message:

      http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/unesco_year/davidson_hepburn_unesco_message

      Vasanti
      (World Harmony Run lover since 1987)
    • cott.doris
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2010
        Ah, Sharani, you are such a faithful comrade! :- ) Be sure you will be addicted quickly. To be frank my aspiration-life 'suffered' a little during the period of watching and watching. One set of four DVDs is almost 22 hours long and there are four of them. :- )

        I know many of our centre members and also disciples in New York watched The Great Queen Seondeok recently (perhaps you can lend them), but it was useless on my part to beg for any discussion. It would definitely be worth it. Let's see.

        I read on the internet about still another Korean drama: Jumong by the same director! But I personally need six months at least to digest the above mentioned drama. Be prepared for a lot of rebellion, war and fighting - and the result of it...but there are also many, many fine episodes and super excellent acting.

        My favourite actress was fourteen year old Nam Ji-hyeon as young Deokman (later Queen Seondeok). Deokman (pronounced Dokmana) was abondened after her birth because of a prophecy but later fights her way back to the kingdom of Silla only to find an even harder life-road to walk that she accepted wholeheartedly. Nam Ji-hyeon received a special Child Actor Award. Here is a scene:

        http://tinyurl.com/33gk8l9

        Guru actually wrote many stories about emperors, kings and queens. The drama enables me to better understand and visualise them. Inspiration Sounds http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/inspiration-sounds (see especially episode 51 and 52) and the Sri Chinmoy online library http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/ are great sources to read and listen to them

        Doris

        P.S. The Sri Chinmoy tulips on our East terrasse are still in full bloom. I may take some pictures of them.