Re: April Celebrations 2010

  • tejvan_13
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2010
      Thanks Sharani for sharing your kind thoughts on April Celebrations.

      I was able to enjoy an extended celebration courtesy of a small volcano in Iceland. I could make a few jokes about the situation, but, it's probably better to let the ashes settle first..

      Bad jokes aside, I was grateful for the opportunity to be stranded in such a great and beautiful place. The locals were very hospitable in making sure those left behind had another few days of (relative) worry free spiritual activities. It also gave me an opportunity to witness the start of the annual ten day race in Flushing Meadow Park. It was great to be there amongst all the runners and helpers.
      http://us.srichinmoyraces.org/events/10-day-race-2010

      There were many great highlights of celebrations. But, the wonderful variety of music performances was a particular joy for myself. It remains one of the great ways to feel the consciousness of Guru.

      Celebrations offers the chance for such a diversity of experiences. Where else can you go from a sublime meditation, to a Songs of the Soul Concert, to taking part in a Guinness World Record for the fastest time to be taped (with duck tape) to a wall by the indefatigable, Ashrita?

      ~

      Tejvan

      For those who appreciate poor jokes:

      Customer: Waiter, there's ash in my soup!
      Waiter: Yes, it's a no-fly area.

      - Before the Icelandic economy deceased, it made its last wish that its ashes would be spread over Europe. (apparently popular in Iceland.)