April 13 - The Absolute

  • sarala392
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2010
      Sri Chinmoy's poem, The Absolute, seems particularly significant today:

      THE ABSOLUTE

      No mind, no form, I only exist;
      Now ceased all will and thought;
      The final end of Nature's dance,
      I am it whom I have sought.

      A realm of Bliss bare, ultimate;
      Beyond both knower and known;
      A rest immense I enjoy at last;
      I face the One alone.

      I have crossed the secret ways of life,
      I have become the Goal.
      The Truth immutable is revealed;
      I am the way, the God-Soul.

      My spirit aware of all the heights,
      I am mute in the core of the Sun.
      I barter nothing with time and deeds;
      My cosmic play is done.

      Excerpt from My Flute by Sri Chinmoy

      ABSOLUTE

      The Absolute in us remains mute
      Because He does not want to be involved
      In our sound-life-
      The life that does not want to construct,
      But wants to destroy.
      The Absolute tells us He is in us and for us
      Only when we sing the song
      Of constant construction,
      Not destruction.

      Excerpt from God-Compassion And God-Justice by Sri Chinmoy

      Sarala