Re: Tagore on singing

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2010
      Yay, Purnakama!

      Great that you are now teaching elementary age children - and have the opportunity to bring your passion for music to them. The quote from Tagore is so beautiful.

      I also chanced upon the opportunity to play with and introduce an instrument, violin/fiddle to children, in this case preschoolers from age 2 to 5. We had a lot of fun and I totally enjoyed myself... dancing, clapping the BLUE-JELLO BLUE-JELLO hoedown rhythm, comparing parts of a violin to ourselves - that lucky violin head - it has 4 tuning keys while we only have two ears ...

      I was thinking about how some tunes of Sri Chinmoy, if I am not mistaken, were played only on the black keys of the harmonium (how many black keys are there in an octave?) and thought this u-tube link might fun to watch for the musically inclined.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne6tB2KiZuk

      Joy in your play!

      Bev