Shilpa Taru completed first statue of Sri Chinmoy

  • kedarvideo
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12, 2010
      Creating and placing statues of our dear master Sri Chinmoy is certainly one of the key manifestations after he left the body in October 2007. Luckily a few life-size sculptures realized by British artist Kaivalya Torpy already have been created and inaugurated in Oslo, Prague, Bali, Mazatlan and Puerto Rico. Now, New York based artist Shilpa Taru finished his first smaller sized Bronze statute (61 cm high) and plans to do a series of 47 for Meditation Centres and individuals worldwide. Later he also would like to create a life-size version. I just got a picture of the first sculpture which you can watch on the blog "Sri Chinmoy Photos" here:

      http://srichinmoyphoto.com/

      Kedar
    • arpan_deangelo
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 13, 2010
        Thank you, Kedar, for that wonderful site and the information about the statues. For those westerners who are used to feet and inches, 61cm is almost exactly two feet high, or 24 inches.
        I, and others I am sure, just needed to know that so that we could visualize the actual size of these beautiful miniature statues. They are quite life-like and powerful. I am sure they will sell quite quickly.
        See you soon,
        Arpan
      • jadranka11
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 14, 2010
          Thank you Kedar, the expression of Guru's face is extremely beautiful

          Jadranka
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 14, 2010
            My congratulations to Shilpa Taru for this achievement!

            with gratitude, Kamalakanta