Guru's First Marathon Anniversary

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2010
      It's that time of year again! Just think, thirty-one years ago Guru was training most intensely throughout the cold, icy winter months to run his first marathon on March 3, 1979 in Chico, California.

      Traditionally we have been running a marathon the first weekend in March in New York, as well as others have done in Centres around the world, to honor and celebrate this great undertaking and achievement by our great Guru.

      For those who feel fit enough to complete the 26.2 mile, or 42KM distance, it is a great opportunity, both spiritually and for training for the rest of the year. For those who cannot complete the full distance, you may want to form a relay team with others to share the miles while still being part of the running aspect of the celebration.

      Others may want to help in some way at the race or perhaps run miles on their own in other creative ways and times that fit your own unique schedule.
      Anyone who wants to share ideas and events that are happening in their Centres to inspire others to celebrate this Marathon achievement are encouraged to do so.

      Hope to be hearing from you soon,

      Marathoningly,
      Arpan