A Very Nice Man

  • tejvan_13
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2010
      Last Saturday was my first cycling race of the year. It's not much fun when it's 1 degrees and the odd spot of snow. But, it makes a change to be racing rather than just training in the grey Oxfordshire countryside..

      In my car, like many students of Sri Chinmoy, I have a small picture of Guru - his transcendental picture. Before a race, I will meditate on this photo - firstly for protection, and secondly to go very fast and win - (obviously with great yogic detachment to the result....)

      Anyway, the rider parked next to me was warming up on his stationary turbo. He remarked on Guru's photo saying he had met Sri Chinmoy several times quite a few years ago. His father had been a disciple for a few years in the 1970s, and he had taken him to see Guru on a few occasions. - "A Very nice man" - this was my fellow competitor's memory of meeting Guru. A passing comment but said with great sincerity and warmth.

      At races, I never start talking about Guru - assuming most people would not be interested. But, it is surprising how many people have been touched by Guru in a variety of ways. Last year, at a race, a young schoolboy told me he had been learning about Sri Chinmoy in a Lancashire school. So many people met and were grateful for some experience or inspiration Guru gave them, and it's always nice to hear about it in the most unexpected of places.

      ~
      Tejvan