Re: christmas holidays in Guatemala

  • canadian_caitlin7
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2010
      Amen to that!

      The Christmas Trip in Guatemala exceeded my expectations in every way (and, having experienced a Christmas Trip before, they were already high to begin with!) I had no idea I was in for such breathtaking views of exquisite nature scenes, wonderful encounters with the sweet and extremely hospitable local Guatemalans and most of all, a daily supply of pure joy and endless spiritual inspiration.

      From Panajachel's majestic volcano-surrounded lake to Antigua's colorful, detailed buildings and the picturesque country side, my camera's memory card took very little effort to max out. So I am left with countless pictures to remember the experience by. However, what I think I will remember the most is the very poignant feeling of gratitude I felt throughout the whole trip. Gratitude for the pristine meditations, for Guru's unmistakable presence in all of the functions and for our very special spiritual family- it really did feel like a family, I felt like each person contributed so much to the experience. In each endeavor there was nothing but oneness.

      It was as if I was magically transported to a heavenly realm of bliss with the best quesadillas and juices I've ever tasted and some of the most (often unintentionally) hilarious plays I've ever seen.

      Wow! Be it celebrations, a simple joy day or the Christmas Trip- every time we gather together in Guru's name amazing things happen both inwardly and outwardly. We are so lucky to have these opportunities.

      If you could not make it to the trip this year, I suggest you do everything in your power to make it happen next year. It will blow your mind, guaranteed.

      With a smile,

      Caitlin