Some never-before-seen photographs

  • animesh.harrington
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2010
      Hi everyone,

      I'd like to let you know about some recent additions to the Sri Chinmoy Reflections website. http://srichinmoy-reflections.com

      `Chinmoy – The Ashram Years' is a rare collection of photographs from 1944-64. These are all the known photographs from that era. They have been gathered together meticulously by Vidagdha from various private collections of disciples. A slideshow of the photographs was recently shown on the Christmas trip in Guatemala. And now, for the first time, the photographs with commentary are published here for all to see. http://srichinmoy-reflections.com/ashram-years

      `A Journey to the South Seas' recounts Guru's visit to Samoa and Fiji,1993-94. This was one of the most historic Christmas trips, since it was in the South Pacific that Guru completed his first one million Dream-Freedom-Peace-Birds. http://srichinmoy-reflections.com/south-seas

      `Cascading Organ Delight' is a recently uncovered gem written by Prachar. It is the story of Guruʼs immortal performance on the Grand Organ of the Sydney Opera House. The author describes his unique experience of being right at the heart of the action as Guru unleashed "an incessant storm of clucking, bumping, clicking, clumping and thumping." http://srichinmoy-reflections.com/sydney-opera-house-organ

      Happy reading,

      Animesh
    • purnakama2000
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2010
        Thank you again for this wonderful website and these most amazing pictures!

        You have no idea how much joy they brought me on this grey snowy dy.

        My favorite is of Guru with his bicycle.

        If there are any more, I'm sure we'd all love to see them!

        Purnakama
      • suchana27
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2010
          I am delighted at seeing these photos of Guru in India before living for the West.
          The photo where he is sitting with three of his Ashramites friends is especially illumining -full of Guru´s splendour of Peace, Light and Grace.
          I truly feel he owns a vast ocean of powerful and eternal tranquility for us to be received.

          Very grateful, Animesh, for this divine gift!
          Suchana
        • animesh.harrington
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 17, 2010
            Glad you liked the photos. There are so few of them from that era and each one is priceless. Who knows, as time goes on, more may emerge – I hope so.

            In the meantime, the next group of photos will be of Guru's 1969 visit back to India. I'll let you know when they are ready.

            Thanks,

            Animesh
          • animesh.harrington
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 17, 2010
              They are great photos. I agree, there is a sort of tranquil intensity in Guru's eyes – as though he was just waiting for the day his mission would start in the West.

              It's hard to believe that some of these pictures were taken over 50 years ago and have hardly ever been seen. But I'm sure everyone who sees them now will get the same joy and delight as you have.

              Vidagdha is busily compiling the next set of photos from Guru's 1969 visit to India.

              Thanks for your kind comments.

              Animesh
            • suchana27
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 22, 2010
                My very special ´Thank you´ to Vidagdha and yourself for this precious collection!

                Suchana