Re: OT: Prayers and Help in Aftermath of Haiti Earthquake

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4, 2010
      Good news Doris. I am sure others have been doing similar things but do not post it here. In New York we just set up our second container, which is really a huge trailer truck full of pallets stacked with hundreds of boxes. This time half the shipment was clothes and medical supplies collected by the Oneness-Family-School in Bethesda, Maryland, near Washington,D.C., the Capital of the U.S.A.

      The teachers, students, and parents were able to give or get donations of hundreds of useful items of clothes and medical supplies sent up to New York where we added about eight more full pallets of medical supplies donated by a supply company in New Jersey. This is the same company that donated two full truckloads a couple of weeks ago.

      The Sri Chinmoy Centres New York branch of the Oneness-Heart-Tears and Smiles, led by Kritagyata, then rented the trucks to transport them to the proper location to be shipped to Haiti. Gabriel helped to coordinate the efforts and I was called in to drive, navigate, help load and label the boxes. Our dear friend Herman from the Steppingstone Ministries is in Haiti to help direct the shipment to its proper location.

      Even though you never really know where it is going to finally end up and how useful it all will be, it is the intent that counts. The goodwill offered from the sincere hearts of those involved is this type of humanitarian aid can go a long way in helping the world situation, especially where people are suffering from a catastrophe.

      It really seems to put things in perspective in terms of what is important in life and what seems just superficial and superfluous. As Sri Chinmoy states in his book, 'Songs of the Soul', "I pray to God to transform my life into one long effort, fearless and egoless, so that I can derive the most fulfilling achievements from the most unpromising situations. Every second is an open door to unparalleled opportunities. Let me be long on heavenly performance and short on earthly talk." http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/public/0009/1/18

      Gratefully,
      Arpan