Hello from sunny and hot weather!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2010
      Hello everybody,
      Please forgive my recent absence from here - life has been hectic recently and now I am on holiday and not conveniently with access to a computer.

      What a dichotomy! I left out of New York in some of the most bitter cold weather I have experienced in a long time. I didn't even dare turn my heat down as much as usual for fear of bursting pipes...

      Now I am in hot sunny weather - I think the temperature difference was about 85 degrees F between where I left and where I arrived.

      It is interesting to read about animals in the recent messages. Where I am staying right now seems almost like a wild animal park or zoo. I have mostly taken photos of the following: toucans, small deer that live on the hotel grounds and an iguana. The sloth I saw from afar up in a tree. That is the most unusual animal imaginable. It must really know the meaning of the word patience in a way that most people do not.

      I do not want to usurp the graciousness of the person who let me use her computer so I should wrap up this message for now.

      Mostly I am hoping everyone is enjoying their inner life as much as I am right now. I feel so blessed to have a family of spiritual community with which to fan the flames of aspiration in my life. And of course to have a Guru as well. Surely reaching the goal and destination without one is akin to swimming across the Atlantic Ocean from the UK to the East Coast of the U.S. without a boat. We know that it is possible to swim across the English Channel but the world of "ignorance" is obviously a much vaster analogy than that. It is not humanly possible to swim across an ocean but it is possible to do it in a boat. Reaching the divine destination without a Guru and a spiritual path is the same difference as thinking you can swim alone instead of in a boat to get across the ocean.

      Gratitude to the Supreme for the gift of ocean liners to speed us to the goal,