Re: Really really OT: Recurring dreams

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2010
      Dear Arpan,

      From what I know about my own sadhana, your interpretation of my dream makes sense. Indeed, I am sure all of us could tighten and strengthen our spiritual disciplines to make faster and more convincing progress.

      Here's an inspiring question and answer with Sri Chinmoy, which I feel is relevant:

      Question: Is the physical plane a Dream of God?

      Sri Chinmoy: God's Dream is the divine Dream which is the precursor of reality. The second we see God's Dream we see that it is immediately transformed into Reality. When you become one with God, you see that God's Dream embodies Reality itself. There is a great difference between human dreams and God's divine Dream. Human dreams are only mental fantasies. They are all pensive thoughts, ideas and fabrications. Sometimes we become victims of hostile forces which make us dream all kinds of horrible things. Again, sometimes we create our own fantasies which come in the form of dreams during the day.

      In God's case, His Dream is just like a cover or lid on a box. You just lift the lid and there inside is the wealth: gold and diamonds.

      (Found on Sri Chinmoy Library: http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/public/0326/3/11)

      By the way, Arpan, thank you for your interesting and detailed description on the origins of the book, Beyond Within. I like the concept of the final exam: Sri Chinmoy came and meditated with the class, blessed each student individually, and handed out roses. What a difference from my non-existent Chinese literature course!

      Your blogging, shlogging* running friend,

      Mahiruha

      *For those of you not fluent in racespeak, "to shlog" is to run very slowly; it's between a walk and a jog. Shlogging might not be very glamorous, but it does get you where you need to go.