Kitten vibrations

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2010
      Animals are inside God's very heart;
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0201/1/21

      I didn't understood what some, including Sri Chinmoy, meant by vibration. But a kitten is teaching me; The vibration of a purring kitten. Excitement vibrating a kitten's whole body in my arms, when we emerge to explore the amazing outdoors. Good vibrations.

      Playing krokinole
      You hop on my lap
      and purr.
      Game forgotten.

      "…you have to know that animal qualities are not all bad. True, animals have aggression and other undivine qualities. But many animals also have dynamism, sweetness, playfulness, enthusiasm and affection. Each step along the way gives the soul something solid."
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1097/1/33

      "In the Yoga of acceptance, we do not destroy anything; we transform it. When we transform something, it loses its original unlit, destructive quality."… "It is the same with the animal in us."
      www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0169/2/13

      Sri Chinmoy: "… maintain some of the dynamic qualities of the animal kingdom. Here in athletics" … "use it in a constructive way." … "hold that kind of daring vital consciousness to reveal and manifest the Supreme."
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0334/3/16
    • arpan_deangelo
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2010
        Your post is the first one I read after coming home from a function tonight where we watched a video of Guru lifting the World's Smallest Horse, Thumbellina, in the summer of 2006. Guru made some very sweet comments about the very sweet, cute and peaceful horse.

        He also mentioned that he gets so much joy from the animal world, from all the innocent animals that he lifted. He feels like he is their brother and they are offering each other such innocent and sweet joy. This is my own recollection of what Guru said and not a verbatim quote.

        We just saw this less than an hour ago and it is so similar to what you mentioned in your post reminding us of how much love and respect Guru had for the animal kingdom. He also said something to the effect that he sees God's very presence inside the animal kingdom.

        Gratefully,
        Arpan
      • beverly_canada
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2010
          Wishing you and all the World Harmony runners the best - a torch run is on the mind of many Canadians as the Olympic Torch Relay approaches its opening ceremony destination no too far from where I live. - B.