Inspiration-Letters: Time

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2010
      Dear Friends,

      The next issue of Inspiration-Letters will be devoted to the theme of "Time".

      I'd be grateful to have the articles by the first of March.

      And I'd be really happy if people who have not so far written for Inspiration-Letters would get up the gumption and set pen to paper.

      Mahiruha
    • tejvan13
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2010
        > And I'd be really happy if people who have not so far written for Inspiration-Letters would get up the gumption and set pen to paper.
        >
        > Mahiruha

        Thanks Mahiruha for your gracious invite to our esteemed scribes and any potential budding writers.

        Writing for Inspiration-Letter is a really excellent project. But, I have to admit this isn't my main reason for writing - I just got great joy to see a word from my Yorkshire-English dictionary appear on this site!

        For those of you 'south of the border' not so familiar with the lexicon of 'God's Own County' -

        - 'gumption' - to have the inner strength, initiative and courage to take on a task.

        It is somehow a very satisfying word. I can just imagine Geoffrey Boycott in full flow. '...eye lad an' you need real gumption to take on that young rapscallion from t'other side of Pennines....'

        Tejvan

        p.s Since we are on the theme of Yorkshire, any excuse to share link of my all time favourite comedy sketch - it's the four Yorkshiremen - courtesy Monty Python...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo
      • mahiruha_27
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2010
          Thanks Tejvan!

          It was hard growing up on the front lawn, but when I watch those four men from Yorkshire, I see I have nothing to complain about.

          Why, I should be 'appy!

          Mahiruha