Re: Spiritual Experiences

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2009
      Hi Tejvan,

      By chance this week I was reading Guru's book about Lahiri Mahashoy who was the Guru of Paramahansa Yogananda's Guru; Sri Yukteswar.

      Lahiri Mahashoy met Yogananda when he was only a baby and predicted that he would become a great yogi who would serve both the east and the west.

      Guru's comments after each essay in the book are soul stirring and illumining.
      Here is my favorite;

      "When the Master initiates a disciple, the Master accepts everything that the disciple has and is, and he offers to the disciple everything that he has and is. The supreme initiation is when the Master says to the disciple, 'Take what I have',
      and the disciple says to the Master, 'Take me as I am."

      From Lahiri Mahashoy: A Revelation of the Beyond by Sri Chinmoy
      (unnofficial)

      I enjoyed your post about spiritual experiences.
      I would love to be inundated with experiences that take to the highest on a regular basis, but I guess it's looking at the small miracles in our everyday lives that will help us to make progress; the little happenings that very deeply remind us that Guru is still with us still guiding us.

      Purnakama