Gratitude for peace

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2009
      As my family settled in to sleep, my ears and heart asked me to listen. The quiet thrum of the clothes drier; a short patter of rain on the roof; soft breathing and rustlings as family snuggled in bed. No sounds of strife. No sounds of battle. Peaceful sounds. The sounds of home. My husband and I come from lands which were are war in the previous century. I sat up and folded my hands in gratitude for the peace makers.

      Beverly

      Peace

      Descends on earth

      From the highest Home

      Of God.

      Excerpt from Peace: God's Heart-Home, Part 1 by Sri Chinmoy.
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1055/1/56