Aspiration-Ground Revisited

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2009
      I think we are all quite familiar with the expression, `Heaven is
      within'. If one would equate Aspiration-Ground with Heaven, then it
      will not be too far-fetched to feel that you do not have to travel to
      New York to keep Aspiration-Ground and all that it offers within your
      heart, mind and soul, wherever you are.

      I wrote the following poem one morning while guarding at
      Aspiration-Ground. I feel very grateful to be blessed and privileged to
      live here and visit here every day. Yet the real Aspiration-Ground is
      the fertile soil of aspiration, faith and peace within the consciousness
      of our spiritual heart which we all carry with us everywhere we go. We
      just have to try and be more continuously conscious of it so we can
      enjoy the benefits that it offers to us unconditionally. That is why we
      meditate and practice other spiritual disciplines. We all know this, yet
      it is good to remind each other from time to time.

      This poem is meant to be a reminder of the Aspiration-Ground we carry
      all the time within us. It is not intended to create a nostalgic kind of
      sadness for those who may not be able to visit there often. Instead I
      hope it will inspire a smile in the hearts of those who know and feel
      the consciousness of its creator and founder, our Beloved Guru, who will
      never be missing from our aspiring consciousness and sincere spiritual
      efforts, anytime and anywhere.

      Finally, I would also be happy if this poem can encourage those who wish
      to come and are able to do so to make every effort to afford a trip here
      and renew their outer aspiration from this most Sacred place. Seeing
      visitors coming from outside New York is so encouraging and inspiring to
      those of us who may be a bit `spoiled' by living within walking
      distance from this Spiritual Haven. To be here yet not take it for
      granted, and to value it as much as we see others value and appreciate
      it when they come from afar, is so helpful to our aspiration as well. We
      need you.

      Having said all that, I hope this poem can bring Aspiration-Ground and
      all that it offered and still offers to all of us who are fortunate
      enough to feel it, experience it, and appreciate it, any time and
      anywhere.

      Aspiration-Ground

      City sights, City sounds,

      Softened by the Peace

      At Aspiration-Ground.

      Birds singing,

      Nature abounds,

      In this spiritual Haven

      We call Aspiration-Ground.

      Almost 30 years

      Since this location was found

      As a tennis-court,

      Now turned Sacred Ground.

      Meditations and tennis games,

      Loving and serving

      Countless seekers,

      Aspirants and athletes,

      Even people of fame.

      Thousands of functions,

      Musical concerts and feasts

      We were treated to here,

      Never comprising its role

      As a place of prayer,

      And a Haven of Peace.

      Innocent surprises never ceased,

      From heavy weights

      To birthday cakes,

      Carousels and Temple bells,

      Elephants lifted,

      Consciousness shifted.

      Enthusiasm, love and concern

      Never waned,

      From He who proclaimed

      That God is definitely here

      Within each of our hearts,

      Waiting to be claimed

      And crying to be found,

      With a little help

      At Aspiration-Ground.

      He who played here,

      Prayed here and offered Peace,

      Though finally seeming to rest here,

      He would never retire,

      And is still bringing Joy

      Into the hearts and minds

      Of those who aspire

      For Peace on this Earth

      And God's Will to abound,

      As we make our sweet Pilgrimage

      To Aspiration-Ground.

      Gratefully,

      Arpan

    • sarala392
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2009
        Thank you Arpan for the indescribable.

        Aspiration-Ground
        A blanket of blue
        Enveloping all
        In Peace and transcendence.
        Inner running
        In the speed of Light.
        Motionless.
        How far away
        The clay of useless fixations,
        Childish trivia,
        Conniving and influence-peddling.
        What is, Is.
        The Reality is Love.
        Silence speaks.
        The Goal is won.

        Sarala
      • purnakama2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2009
          I could not agree with you more Arpan.

          When I'm having a challenging day at work, I close my eyes and visualise our beautiful Mahasamadhi Anniversary this past October, or I remember a special function with Guru, and it helps so much.
          It helps me to remember who I really am, and whose I really am.

          I treasure every moment that I have when I'm there, and the memory feeds me when I'm away. Even just 2 short days feels like 2 weeks. Aspiration Ground seems to be able to defy the law of physics and bend and stretch time.

          And thank you and Sarala, for your beautiful poems.

          Purnakama