Re: Anniversary of Transcendence Perfection Poetry Book Observed

  • kedarvideo
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
      ... and here you can find the cover of the original volume "Transcendence-Perfection" which was published less than 24 hours after the completion of the poems:

      http://srichinmoy.wordpress.com/

      Kedar
    • vasanti_hd
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2009
        Inspired by all the postings here (thank you to everyone who is keeping this group alive!) tonight we included the Anniversary of Guru's Transcendence-Perfection Poems into our Center meditation. After half an hour of invocation, silent meditation and some chanting, we read out around 20 selected poems twice each, person after person, for about 15 minutes, with some of Guru's flute music playing softly in the background. Afterwards we sang two beautiful but quite difficult songs of the 99 Transcendence-Perfection songs over and over, "My Birthday-Song" and "Your Soul Will Help You" (Guru had set music to 100 of the 843 poems only a few weeks after he wrote them).
        http://www.srichinmoysongs.com/book/view/transcendence-perfection/309/?p=9&ord=order&dir=a

        Quite a short observation for Guru`s standards, true, but it was still very beautiful and powerful. I personally love to hear disciples soulfully reading out or reciting Guru`s poems, everyone carries their own fragrance like flower petals, it creates a feeling of oneness and brings back memories of the Christmas trip.... And I know others feel the same. Our reading was a little bit faster than Guru`s composing them - he must have averaged close to 40 poems per hour for 24 hours. Absolutely unbelievable how any human being (or any being in a human body) could keep creating not only just meaningful sentences for such a long time at a stretch, but such amazingly beautiful and deep spiritual poetry at that. To maintain a flow of creative consciousness of this calibre for 24 hours is proof of a rare free access to deep inner worlds.

        Thank you everyone for keeping us inspired to honour and celebrate Guru's incredible achievements, his offerings to the world, even in little ways, thus claiming them as our own and feeling our oneness with them and keeping them alive.

        I still remember the poetry competition in PS 86 sometime in the early 80ies. Guru corrected our notepads in his own handwriting - there was just a little bit to correct on mine :) - and Guru even wrote the person`s name (my old name!) on top of the pad! What a treasure.

        Sweet memories...

        In oneness
        Vasanti
        -----------

        Some of the Transcendence-Perfection poems we read out tonight:

        No 193
        THERE AND HERE

        I am there
        And
        I am here.
        I am there
        In Heaven
        To sing God's Vision-Song,
        An easy song.
        I am here
        On earth
        To play God's Game,
        A difficult game.

        Excerpt from Transcendence-Perfection by Sri Chinmoy
        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0241/1/193

        No 3
        STOP AND START

        Stop talking,
        Start meditating!
        Stop meditating,
        Start serving!
        Stop serving,
        Start self-giving!
        Lo, your cosmic game is over!

        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0241/1/3/

        No 38
        FOUR PETALS OF DELIGHT

        Four petals of delight:
        Love-beauty,
        Surrender-duty,
        Perfection-necessity,
        Oneness-immortality.

        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0241/1/38/
      • suchana27
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2009
          Thank you so much for these beautiful postings! I would like to get a very special calendar with all of Guru´s sacred anniversaries to be observed from now on so I won´t forget any next time!

          I love sharing familiar and personal sweet experiences on the infinite ways Guru loved, created, fulfilled and transcended his supernatural achievements on earth. It is something so good to read once and again!

          In oneness-heart,
          Suchana
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 8, 2009
            Dear Vasanti,
            Hearing about your centre's observance of the book's anniversary inspired me tremendously. I think the republishing of this book for last August's Celebrations has created a kind of rebirth for this book.

            Thanks to Kedar as well for scanning the book's cover and posting it on one of his blogs. The painting by Sri Chinmoy on the cover is in itself a "thing of beauty".