Your unending Grace

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2009
      Dear friends, brothers and sisters,

      Since 1985, when he started weightlifting, Sri Chinmoy would lift early in the morning, then in mid-morning, and also at night. Some workouts were designed to strengthen the body, while other workouts were attempts at expressing and transcending his own strength!

      His mega-weight lifts were both an inspiration to himself and to others, and a good example of how he lived his life: by example.

      Before each mega-lift (super-heavy weights), Sri Chinmoy would meditate, and often offer a prayer. This is one of three from July 21, 1999:

      8:32 a.m.
      Before lifting 400 lbs. 98 times
      with one arm
      (48 right, 50 left)

      "My Supreme, my Supreme!

      Your unending Grace
      Is encouraging me to chase away
      The darkest ignorance-night.

      I am offering You
      My prayerful and soulful
      Gratitude-heart-tears.

      My Supreme, my Supreme!"
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from My Morning Soul-Body Prayers, Part 7 by Sri Chinmoy.
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1321/1/50

      Even the most physical activity, such as weightlifting, Sri Chinmoy did in a prayerful and soulful consciousness. What an example! This inspires me a lot!

      enjoy!

      Kamalakanta
    • nirmalapoems
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2009
        I have one more: This is a special one!

        6:46 a.m.

        Before lifting 250 lbs. twice

        with both arms simultaneously

        (Total: 500 lbs.)

        My Supreme, my Supreme!
        When I am in my soul,
        I clearly see and deeply feel
        That all human beings
        Are my divine oneness-brothers
        And sisters.
        My Supreme, my Supreme!

        Excerpt from My Morning Soul-Body Prayers, Part 7 by Sri Chinmoy.

        Nirmala