Re: Recommended Books

  • sri_chinmoy_inspiration
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2009
      [Dear Jon, for posting, please follow message instructions at end. Thanks]

      David,

      Thank you. I have not read any of Sri Chinmoy's books in quite some time. I think the one I remember most, and mind you, I may have the name incorrect, was 'Wings of Light'.

      Jon

      - Moderator's Note:
      -------------------

      Welcome, David

      'The Wings of Joy' is a nice introduction to Sri Chinmoy's books:
      http://www.srichinmoybooks.com/inspiration_reflection/wings

      You can also find some online writings at:
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/
      http://www.yogaofsrichinmoy.com/

      There is a poetry series called "The Wings of Light" by Sri Chinmoy
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0077/ but, I think John was remembering 'The Wings of Joy'

      [Dear Jon,
      For your online safety, please make sure to follow the instructions below.

      1) Hide Your Email Address

      Please set your member preferences
      so that your email address will not be visible.

      - First click on this link:
      If you are asked to sign in, do so now.

      - Check the box where it says:
      "Hide my email and IP address from the group moderators"

      - Under "Message Delivery", select:
      "Web Only. Read messages only on the web"

      - Make sure you save the changes (click on "Save Changes").

      Now when you post, your email address will not be visible anymore to anybody.

      2) Turn Off Invitations
      - First click on this link:
      If you are asked to sign in, do so now.

      Once you have signed in, a page listing your known email
      addresses will appear.

      - To the far right of each email address is the word "Edit" in
      blue. Click on it.

      Under "Group Invitations" you will see checkboxes which say:
      Allow group moderators to directly add me to their groups.
      Allow group moderators to invite me to their groups.

      - By default, both boxes are checked. Uncheck both boxes.
      - Click the Save Changes button.
      - Repeat steps 2-3 for every email account listed.

      Thank you
      Sri Chinmoy Inspiration Group moderators]