From My Diary

  • cott_doris
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
      The most beautiful event was when we walked past Guru's house on his birthday!!! First we walked soulfully past his Samadhi at Aspiration-Ground. A group of singers sang Guru's songs most soulfully.

      Slowly a long silent queue walked uphill along familiar streets to the house where Guru lived for many years. As soon as his house came in sight I felt a strong energy entering my heart ever so powerfully. I took a deep breath and looked at his shoes that were placed in front of his chair both in the frontyard of his house displayed in a way as if he had just left and would come back soon. Here I felt Guru's presence or he made me feel his presence would be more appropriate to say. We were allowed to walk past three times. I had a poem in mind and tried to write it down later but I failed two times and gave up.

      Two stories of Guru came to my mind while passing by his house. One was about the woman that had a dog and once protected Guru therefore he called her his friend. I thought it must have been here where it happened. Guru has written many stories about incidents that happened near his house. These stories are in the Run and Become books. I love these books so much because they make me feel close to Guru.

      The other story was about the mother that was forced into a circle to fight for her own child that had been abducted by another woman but out of love she didn't. She loves her child too much as to pull on him hurting him.

      As we walked for the third time past Guru's house I looked into the window and saw Guru's watch standing on a table. It must have been one of those that were often placed near his chair. He seemed to like watches. Time was very precious to him.

      In the little front yard I discovered an artificial deer sitting peacefully in the grass it reminded me of the deer I placed in the backyard of a disciple's enterprise it made me smile.

      Too quickly we passed by though we walked slowly.

      A radio was broadcasting the daily news and some silly advertisment. I wish I could describe with words how it felt just coming from this holy, holy place only to listen to mundane radio news. But Guru's vibration was so strong it all paled into insignificance. I thought this was something I have to learn that divine consciousness and ordinary human consciousness live together in the outer world but should not influence me. We are protected by God's all-pervaiding divinity. Will I ever be grateful enough?

      Here in front of Guru's house I felt homey, I felt that alone to experience Guru's nearness here it was worth to come back to New York. I envyed each and every tree around for their permission to reside here permanently even old autumn leaves from last year I envyed. All were allowed to stay here though it was the negligence of the neighbors to take them away. I envyed the uneven concrete we stepped on whose edges were lifted by strong tree-roots you have to be careful not to stumble, the squirrels that were climbing the trees, the fences that separate people from each other, the hedges and last not least the local disciples.

      At one corner of the street beautiful red zinnea was blossoming. Zinnea are very old flowers I love them. They may blossom there forever and I may blossom somewhere else.

      We had to leave many other disciples were waiting in the streets to get the chance to see Guru's house and receive his inner blessings.

      Still in meditative consciousness I walked slowly back to Aspiration-Ground. Soon after again I missed the intensity of Guru's presence!

      Doris
    • purnakama2000
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5, 2009
        What a beautiful recollection of that soulful walk past Doris!

        Everything about Celebrations was completely fulfilling. Even somehow the searing heat and humidity of that first week seemed to have its divine purpose.

        Guru was so deeply entrenched in everything we did there whether it was singing practice, or manifestation meetings or the Circus. I felt he was working deeply inside all of us, guiding us, transforming us, giving us joy.
        And for those who were present for the spectacular rainbow right beside Aspiration Ground one evening, I think everyone present could say that they felt Guru's blessings most powerfully.

        I also liked what you said about mingling the outer world with the inner world, and that we have divine protection while in the outer world. I've been especially struggling this time with not wanting to get back into my job and just wanting to completely immerse myself in Guru's world, reading, singing, listening to Guru's music.
        I am praying for divine protection and strength when I have to face the work world again on Tuesday:)

        I am so glad that you shared your experiences here.

        Purnakama
      • sri_chinmoy_inspiration
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2009
          Thankyou very much for sharing us this beautiful writing,expressions!!! I love
          to read and read it!!!!!

          - Pravinga

          [Dear Pravinga,
          For your online safety, please make sure to follow the instructions below.

          1) Hide Your Email Address

          Please set your member preferences
          so that your email address will not be visible.

          - First click on this link:
          If you are asked to sign in, do so now.

          - Check the box where it says:
          "Hide my email and IP address from the group moderators"

          - Under "Message Delivery", select:
          "Web Only. Read messages only on the web"

          - Make sure you save the changes (click on "Save Changes").

          Now when you post, your email address will not be visible anymore to anybody.

          2) Turn Off Invitations
          - First click on this link:
          If you are asked to sign in, do so now.

          Once you have signed in, a page listing your known email
          addresses will appear.

          - To the far right of each email address is the word "Edit" in
          blue. Click on it.

          Under "Group Invitations" you will see checkboxes which say:
          Allow group moderators to directly add me to their groups.
          Allow group moderators to invite me to their groups.

          - By default, both boxes are checked. Uncheck both boxes.
          - Click the Save Changes button.
          - Repeat steps 2-3 for every email account listed.

          Thank you
          Sri Chinmoy Inspiration Group moderators]
        • cott_doris
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 12, 2009
            Dear Pravinga,

            Thank you very much for your very kind reply.

            Would you like to share with us where you come from and what your hobbies might be?

            Doris
          • cott_doris
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 12, 2009
              Dear Purnakarma,

              The amazing hero moved me to tears really. It would be interesting to know what kind of tragedies this man went through that made him renounce the material life.

              I am sorry for the belated reply but I was thinking about the role of teachers in our modern times and spent some time remembering my own experiences in school as a child.

              In one way I envy you for your important profession although I don't know anything about it. From your descriptions it must be very challenging from time to time what I can easily comprehend.

              We loved a few teachers but many we didn't. Teachers can give children also a hard time they may defend themselves in their own way according to their individual personalities.

              Imagining you playing your guitar singing songs with the children considering your spiritual background it *must* be a joy for the kids!

              I never forgot the good teachers even though as children we would not show affection to them in a special way. Somehow we took their kindness for granted or even rejected it for some unexplainable reasons.

              Very vividly I imagine you with 'your' kids sitting in a school class singing songs and you are playing the guitar. I am one of them.

              What a powerful opportunity to spread harmony in this contradictory outer world!