Saturday 25th July

  • dmchaudhurani
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2009
      Today I came to my mum's house from London. It's a while since I was here and the countryside is all getting close to harvest. The fields of wheat and barley are taking on their ripening colours while some oil-seed rape fields have already been harvested leaving rough pale silvery stubble behind. The skies have been fantastic for the past few weeks, full of dynamic and ever-changing cloudscapes as the hot summer weather is punctuated by thunderstorms and showers. Today was sun and fair-weather cumulus clouds, picture-postcard pretty.

      In the evening I walked down the road from mum's house, through the fields I described in detail last year, picking flowers - (purple tufted vetch, knapweed, meadowsweet and codlins and cream) to watch the sunset. It was very beautiful and peaceful. I walked through a bean-field waist-deep along deer tracks to get a clear view of the setting sun. That field was barley last year. When the last light of the sun had sunk beyond the horizon I returned refreshed and filled with nature's peace. The new moon, a silver sliver in the translucent opal sky played in the branches of an oak tree that I played in as a child.

      Mum is away - staying with my sister in the Shetland Islands until mid August, ss Tony, my 'Birmingham brother', has come with his wife Marie and their son Connor who is just 12. They love to stay here as much as I do. (As a child with two sisters I often wished I had a brother and when I was a student in Birmingham in the '70's the Supreme answered my unspoken prayer when I worked in a little Quaker church. Tony's family lived across the road and we have been real 'family' ever since).

      My claim to fame is that I lent Tony my guitar when he was 14. He became a serious musician and is a singer-songwriter guitarist, sax and flute player. He had a group years ago called The International Beet which toured America and he even shared a dressing room with Mokshagan at the Earth Summit festival in San Fransisco.

      Tony has always loved Guru and been to all his UK concerts and some of the European ones too. He keeps Gurus photos in his house and has a special prayer routine each day. I guess there are thousands of people who love Guru like this but are not overtly disciples around the world but I find it very inspiring that such people maintain their faith and discipline without the support of belonging to a centre.

      Tony's current group is called the Acoustic Theatre and they played at a big festival in Wales a few weeks ago. He was telling me that he always gets 'stagefright' or nerves before he performs and his prayers really help. He looks up with closed eyes, thanking Guru for giving him the opportunity to bring joy to people through his music, asking for the capacity to offer the audience Guru's Light. He said that he always feels Guru's love and blessings at such times and if he doesn't feel it he just keeps on with his prayers until he does feel a response because without that he does not feel ready to perform but when he does feel Guru he is able to go out and play for everyone in a relaxed natural way and just connect with the audience, without feeling any nervousness. He said it's different for the others in the band. They are in the background, there isn't the same pressure on them - but he is at the front and has to talk to the audience as well as sing. He's quite a private, shy person by nature so he really needs to feel Guru is there with him. When he does, everything goes well and he doesn't feel any pressure. He can be completely relaxed and natural.

      This time in Wales he was praying with special seriousness because it was a big festival, not just a small venue. As he prayed, he didn't just feel Guru. First he saw light - and then he saw Guru's face, smiling broadly, and Guru reached his hand out over his head and blessed him.

      So today has been special in many ways. I have felt the blessings of nature's beauty in the sky and the landscape, the flowers, trees sunset and moon's smile. And I have had a special and unexpected insight into the way Guru is still working in so many significant ways through anyone who loves him and turns to him for Light and Inspiration.

      It's late now, everyone has gone to bed, but I couldn't wait to share this lovely story with you all,

      With love from Durga-Mata
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2009
        I love this special day you spent, dear Durga-Mata!

        It looks like a perfect harmonious day between the outer landscape you described and the special connection with the vast inner worlds your friend had.

        We are as lucky as Tony is by sharing his divine experiences through you!

        In oneness-heart,
        Suchana