Re: July 4th Celebration in N.Y.

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2009
      Hi Arpan,
      This day of festivities was truly magical. I don't think it could have been any more perfect. The whole day seemed to shimmer with Heavenly blessings raining down on each and every activity. The sky as the sun set was truly extraordinary and the group meditation on the boat was absolutely sublime. It was after midnight by the time we returned home from the boat ride out of Freeport to see the fireworks. For the first time ever, I saw fireworks that made shapes in the sky such as a smile face or the outline of a heart. I took photos but only time will tell if I upload them anywhere - that seems to escape me lately. The next American Joy Day will happen later this month in Rhode Island - just contact any of us in the Rhode Island centre to find out details.

      Sharani
    • pavitrata27
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2009
        Hi Arpan,

        What a wonderfully well-written account of an inspiring event; such optimism and hope in your writing! The Limey thanks the Yank!

        pip-pip
        Pavitrata
      • arpan_deangelo
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2009
          Thank you kindly Pavitrata! (Sorry about the British rule thing.)
          It is so helpful to hear such kind words and to know that taking the time to write about the events such as this really inspires brothers and sisters all over the world. I also took some photos which I think you would appreciate. I will put them in the Centre Gallery soon. But I have been spending lots of time daily with photos from the 3100.ws website gallery. You should visit that site to see our photos.

          I am not using my Canon SLR camera as I like to run to the race with a smaller camera. Although the quality of the photos may not be as good I try to capture various backgrounds and angles to give some interest to the viewer and show the runners in different locations, light, moods, etc. I just have lots of fun with it and have no idea how the photos are actually coming out or look to others.

          If you have any good comments or criticisms of the photos please let me know. Creative ideas, suggestions, etc. are welcome as it is always good to see things from another perspective and more experienced photographer.

          Thanks again,
          Arpan