Re: magical running

  • jadrankagrbic
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 6, 2009
      It is real blessing, Purnakama, to have this kind of running experience.
      These are the moments that are worth living.
      Over years of running so many beatufil inner experiences came to me and because of them I like running so much. No matter if I am slow or I walk, the main thing is to come in touch with my soul.
      I wish you more of runs like this in the future to keep you going towards the infinite consciesness of love and joy.

      Good Luck,

      Jadranka
    • purnakama2000
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 9, 2009
        Congrats Pavaka!
      • purnakama2000
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 11, 2009
          Hi all,

          I seem to be having difficulty posting on the site, and I think I accidentally posted some replies from Louisa so my apologies if things got fouled up.

          After all of my inspiration in the running world, I was rather negligent last week when I went home to visit my family. I only got out a couple of times. Often one tends to revert to old ways when visiting one's family, (at least that's my experience).

          But hooray, finally back home, I have ventured once more into the running world.
          Feeling rather sleepy but restless early this morning, I decided that I would at least go for a walk to fulfill my exercise requirements for the day, but of course once I started walking, my body couldn't hold back, and once again, I was happily jogging away.

          It was a lovely cool breezy morning; perfect for a nice run. Everyone's gardens are in full bloom right now, and everyone in my neighborhood seems to have a green thumb so it was pure joy running along the sidewalks looking to see what each garden looked like; peonies, orange blossoms, impatiens, all with fresh morning dew accenting the brilliant arrray of colours.

          Somewhere along the way I decided to count the animals that I saw. It's always a fun way to pass the time while running. My neighborhood is choc a block with pet owners, many of whom are out early in the morning for a stroll.
          Today I counted 9 and a half dogs (I counted the mini dachshund as 1/2 as he was smaller than most of the cats I saw), 7 cats, one bunny, and countless scurrying squirells.

          It's interesting to see the difference between the animals, especially the cats and dogs. The cats were either cozily curled up snoozing in the morning sun, or sitting under trees anxiously awaiting an errant bird. The dogs however always seemed to have boundless energy and curiosity. They had to smell, sniff, and greet every person,fellow animal and tree. And they greeted each one with an equal amount of enthusiasm and joy.
          And of course I had to take little breaks and return their greeting:)

          With all of the animal counting and flower gazing, a 45 minute run (with some walking) passed quickly and happpily.

          I'm not sure that I'll be ready for the full marathon this year, but I'm sure I could do half.
          In any case, I'm finally enjoying the road it takes to get there.

          Yours in running,

          Purnakama
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 12, 2009
            Wow...I am very happy for you...I can somehow play tennis, but running easy for 2 miles has become harder. I can run uphills and enjoy it, but on flats I struggle. Go figure!

            Kamalakanta
          • suchana27
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 12, 2009
              Dear Jadranka, how I wish this Noni juice to be sold in my country soon! Thank you for sharing news and your incredible running experience!

              In oneness,
              Suchana
            • dmchaudhurani
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 16, 2009
                hello Purnakama,

                What a sweet and inspiring experience. I love the way you write. We really can share the experience through your words.

                I hope your words will inspire me to action as I have not run much for some time. I'd been waiting for the inspiration of New York to galvanize me into action but now with your lovely story I will see how far I can run tomorrow.
                Thankyou and great running.

                Durga-Mata